Getting Acquainted With Life at Peachtree
Uprooting your life and moving to a new home can be one of the biggest changes a person goes through in their lives, regardless of age. At Peachtree Village, our new residents often experience apprehension as they face transitioning to their new home. We have found that we can alleviate much of the anxiety by preparing new residents for what changes they can expect and by addressing the challenges and emotions that may be involved.
Some of the most common fears our new residents express are:
- Feeling as though they will lose their independence
- Worries about changes in social norms from friends and family
- Adjusting to a new style of living
- Downsizing to a smaller living space
- Being able to get around and transportation
At Peachtree Village, we are here to help guide families through this transition every step of the way. The fears listed above can leave seniors feeling alone and scared, but our expert staff, our amazing residents, and our schedule full of fun activities help newcomers quickly feel like part of the family.
We pride ourselves in having a culture of neighbors and friends—the kind you might run into while running errands in your hometown and enjoy a nice chat. Activities allow residents to continue having new experiences and making new memories. Each of our communities specializes in a different style of living to better fit unique individuals.
- At our Holiday Island location, we offer country-club-style living with access to swimming, golf, recreation center, hiking trails, boating on Beaver Lake, and five-star dining.
- Our active community at Farmington is known for their quiet, country setting and summer activities, such as their classic raised garden, along with one or two special activities a week.
- Fort Smith has built a close-knit community since its founding, and residents enjoy reminiscing with one another in cozy seating areas, playing bean bag baseball, as well as casual games to enjoy the close company.
Planning ahead, voicing hopes and concerns, and doing research will allow new residents to look forward to this transition into one of the fabulous assisted living communities listed above, and will help alleviate some of the stresses of moving when the time comes. Our goal is to make our home your home—the Peachtree way.